Monday, May 11, 2015

Blogpost #12

This blog post is my reflection piece for my 20 time project. When I first started out this school year I got so excited because I thought this 20 time project was going to be the coolest thing ever. But, after struggling so much to find the right project, I really started to lose faith and become less interested. I thought since I couldn't think of a project that I would really enjoy for myself, then I should just do something to help others, so that's when I decided to try random acts of kindness. It is such an amazing thing to do, and I really do applaud all of the people who are naturally so kind and do things for others without even realizing it. I really thought that I could accomplish a lot with this project, and I kept pushing myself to try to do this project. For months I did research, found ideas, watched videos, even read books all about being kinder and helping someone who deserves it be happier. Although I really tried to stay positive, and said I would do all these great things, I failed. I really was not successful in performing the actions I said I was going to do in my previous blog posts, and I am so disappointed in myself. I had an amazing opportunity and all these great ideas, all I had to do was get out there and do them. I really regret not working harder and pushing myself even further to do this project not for me, but for the people I could have potentially helped. I think there are two main reasons why I failed: laziness and fear. I was too lazy when doing this project, I kept saying "Oh I have all year ahead of me I can do this later", and that is not okay. I should have stopped saying "later" and starting saying "now". Also, I think that I was afraid. I was afraid that people were going to judge me or think strangely of me because of my project, and I have no idea why. I have no reason to be ashamed or afraid because I had an amazing idea for a project. I wish my laziness and my thoughts on other people's opinions wouldn't have gotten to me so badly. But, enough with the sadness and feeling disappointed with myself. Yes, my project failed, but that doesn't mean I didn't learn anything or get anything out of it. I am really glad I failed so I could learn from this experience and make my reflection piece and 20 time speech even better. And, I am not going to lose hope in performing random acts of kindness. This summer I am going to try to get some of my friends together and hopefully actually fulfill some of the ideas I had throughout this year. I am very thankful that I got to be in this class and I was able to have this amazing opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment