Sunday, March 8, 2015

Blogpost #9


    Wow it is so crazy that it is already March! I thought I was going to have so much time to do this project but now I realize I really need to step up my game if I want to make the most out of this project by the end of the year. That's why I am glad that I accomplished some stuff these past two weeks like I said I was going to.
    So earlier in the year I did a lot of researching about ideas and random acts of kindness, but I just wrote them down, I didn't actually do any of them. Well, I've been doing a lot of planning for some of these ideas and I'm actually going to do them. Okay so one thing I am doing is sort of a longer term thing, but it still fits under the category of a random act of kindness. I have an elderly neighbor who always pays my little brothers to help her water the plants and work in the garden in the spring and summer. She is a very generous and kind lady, and she is always unnecessarily paying them. So I thought I would offer to help her as much as she needed, no payment at all. And plus I think I will be able to help her a little bit better than two little boys who just want the change :) I really think it would be something she would appreciate very much and it would make me really happy to help her out.
   Another thing I am going to be doing is a little bit more randomized in the community. Since I still have some hours in before I get my drivers license, I will be driving around Grosse Pointe and Detroit  in a lot of different areas. I think it would be cool to just keep some chocolate bars or water bottles, or something in the glove box so that if I see a construction worker, homeless person, or someone who looks like they need something to keep them going, I can hopefully stop and give it to them. I think its good to help others, especially these miscellaneous people in the community who don't get much attention and recognition, but deserve it the most.
   I have a few more small things I am going to accomplish these next two weeks but I want to wait to talk about them until they are complete.  I feel like this project has been really hard for me to get going on, and even though the year is already halfway over, that shouldn't stop me from going forward with this project and making others happy.

1 comment:

  1. Doing one nice thing can be the difference in a person's life. Keep being awesome.

    ReplyDelete