Sunday, February 8, 2015

Blogpost #7


      Alright so these past two weeks have been very interesting for my project! I have been trying to actually do some of my ideas and just be more kind towards others in general. I have found a really good website that had so many good ideas. I am also still trying to think of a bigger goal or idea for my project, but I am still not sure about it yet.
      This week was so amazing because Kid President came to our school! It was so cool to meet him, especially because he is such an inspiration towards my project! I started watching some more of his videos and other Soul Pancake videos and it is just so cool to see what they do to make others smile. It was really great that he came because it was such a confidence boost for me and my project. Just looking at this eleven year old kid with brittle bone disease doing all these amazing things proves that with just a little kindness and a positive attitude, anyone can achieve their goals and make others smile.
     One more thing that I was thinking about for my project involves helping people in other countries. Next week for Mid-winter break, my sister and I are going to Puerto Morales, Mexico with my grandparents. We are staying there for vacation, but my grandparents were telling me how many people they see working all day on the hot streets trying to make a living to support their families, but they are still always smiling and friendly towards all the people around them. It is these kind of people who really deserve the most kindness, since they are the ones being kind, without expecting anything in return. I am excited to talk to some of these people and learn about their lives and what they do, and hopefully try to do something for them to make them even happier than they already are. I think this trip will be a great opportunity for my project, and I hope to accomplish a lot in the next two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment