Sunday, January 25, 2015

Blogpost #6

       This week has been a pretty good week for my project! I feel a lot better about my project than I did earlier in the year. I got a few things done and also found a lot more ideas.
      One of my main goals was to handwrite a letter every week to someone that I haven't talked to lately. I actually wrote two this week! One was to my older cousin who lives in Vermont and the other to one of my classmates and great friend, Emma, who has been gone from school for a while due to illness. It was really fun actually writing and sending a letter to them rather than just sending a text like I normally do. I also encouraged my cousin and her family to try to do their own random acts of kindness for other people where they live, to keep extending the happiness outward.
     Another thing I accomplished was a little more simple, but I think its still the thought that counts. I went grocery shopping with my mom this week and every isle that we went down I would put things back on the shelf that were on the ground and return random carts back to their spots. Even though that is just some common courtesy, it made me feel good knowing that someone else wouldn't have to do it. I think its the simple things like that, that can make someone's day.
     One last thing I actually did this week was also pretty simple, but it really made someone happy. Since I had midterms this week, I was home a lot by myself, so one day I just decided to clean the kitchen and the bathrooms, which my mom really appreciated. Although its something that I really should be doing everyday to help out, it really surprised her and it even made me happy to see her happy. The cool thing about doing random acts of kindness is that there are no limits and you can do anything for anyone and they will still enjoy it.
     Before I end this post, I just want to share a couple more ideas that I found this week that I plan to do as part of my project:
            - put extra money in the parking meter for the next person, when I'm driving
            - invite people who are sitting alone to eat lunch with me at school
            - offer to shovel the snow for some of my neighbors who have a hard time doing it themselves
            - volunteer at a soup kitchen
            - offer to babysit the kids I usually babysit for free
            - visit a nursing home and talk to some of the people who might not have anyone to talk to
            - leave inspirational notes on cars
These are just a few more ideas that I had and I hope to accomplish them all. Also, if anyone wanted to see some more ideas or start doing random acts of kindness also this is a link to my Pinterest board with a bunch of ideas that I have found and have inspired me!  http://www.pinterest.com/maddie0826/spread-the-love/  I hope that other people could find the time to get inspired by these ideas too, because it is really enjoyable to see someone smile and make their day!

No comments:

Post a Comment