Monday, January 12, 2015

Blogpost #5

     So it has been over a whole month since my last blogpost, and I am feeling better about my project. I was still really unsure the last time I wrote about my project, but over the break I had a lot of time to think about it. I did not get as much done as I wanted to, but I did a lot of research and got some really cool ideas for my project. 
     The main focus of my project is performing random acts of kindness, and making someone smile who doesn't always have a reason to smile. Some ideas that I found/thought of are more complex than others but I plan to do a variety of different things for many different people so it really expands the horizons of my project. Some of the ideas that I have so far include:
       - trying to meet a new person/make a new friend every day (over the break I was talking to some new people while skating at the Pier park and it was really interesting to hear some of the cool things they had to say)
       - writing letters and making baked goods for the people in the community like policemen, firemen, mailmen, etc. 
       - possibly putting inspirational notes on lockers, or places in the school where everyone could see them
       - leaving a couple quarters at the vending machine for the next person
       - making/donating something like blankets to the hospital
       - leave a generous tip at a restaurant 
       - write hand written letters to someone I haven't talked to in a while
       - encourage other people to pass random acts of kindness to others around them 
       These are some ideas that I have so far, and this weekend I plan to start one of these, as I also search for more ideas. It is crazy that the year is almost halfway over and I haven't really gotten a good start on my project, but now I am getting more excited to get started and see people smile. Hopefully this week I will get a lot done and have more to share for the next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment