The main focus of my project is performing random acts of kindness, and making someone smile who doesn't always have a reason to smile. Some ideas that I found/thought of are more complex than others but I plan to do a variety of different things for many different people so it really expands the horizons of my project. Some of the ideas that I have so far include:
- trying to meet a new person/make a new friend every day (over the break I was talking to some new people while skating at the Pier park and it was really interesting to hear some of the cool things they had to say)
- writing letters and making baked goods for the people in the community like policemen, firemen, mailmen, etc.
- possibly putting inspirational notes on lockers, or places in the school where everyone could see them
- leaving a couple quarters at the vending machine for the next person
- making/donating something like blankets to the hospital
- leave a generous tip at a restaurant
- write hand written letters to someone I haven't talked to in a while
- encourage other people to pass random acts of kindness to others around them
These are some ideas that I have so far, and this weekend I plan to start one of these, as I also search for more ideas. It is crazy that the year is almost halfway over and I haven't really gotten a good start on my project, but now I am getting more excited to get started and see people smile. Hopefully this week I will get a lot done and have more to share for the next post!